The colleagues of CEIS have been supporting large investment projects coming to the Central Eastern European region for 15 years. Through our Budapest and Bratislava offices, we provide assitance in site selection processes, according to the decision making factors provided by investors and also our experiences. We also provide country and location studies, moreover, we are connecting investors with local market players. We are in close contact with the stakeholders of this region who play determining role in the realisation of large investment projects. With preparing location comparison studies we are also working out business plan scenarios that can serve as a basis for effective decision making processes. Within this group of services, we cover for example the following tasks, involving our senior experts or our professional partners:
- Site selection services
- State subsidies
- Venture capital transactions
- Strategic consultancy
- Export promotion
Site selection services
- Market studies
- Regional HR studies, including a feasibility study for a possible organigram, containing a realistic cost and time planning
- Presenting long list of suitable properties, supporting the site selection with long list visits, stakeholder meetings (with local municipalities, industrial parks, property owners, reference companies in the region) and evaluations, suggesting short list locations, organising short list visits, stakeholder meetings and working out evaluations
- Working out state subsidy calculations for the different locations, supporting all state subsidy processes for the selected site
- Working out country or location comparison studies, covering labour market chapter, analysis of investment an operational costs, logistical distances and transport possibilities, state subsidy possibilities and business planning
CEIS provides different professional services in the field of state subsides. Significant part of our team has long years of experiences in working out, notifying, operating and monitoring subsidy schemes. Within state subsidies, we cover the following services for our large corporate, SME, governmental and municipality clients:
Working out a tailor-made state subsidy map
Our professional team examines our clients figures, financial, development and HR plans and works out a full-scale map of available subsides, including all Hungarian, local and EU funds. The list of the available subsidies can contribute to the decision making process of the different extension or HR plans.
Working out subsidy documentations, tender preparation
Our team has long years of experiences in working out subsidy documentations, from project generating, through project preparation, project shaping in accordance with subsidy conditions, to working out feasibility studies or business plans. We are following up all subsidy related processes till handling the subsidy documentations, completion and concluding the subsidy agreements.
Project management: following up in the realisation phase
Managing subsidy issues cannot stop at the signature of the incentive agreement. We support our clients in the management of the subsidies during the realistion phase, as well. Within project management services, we are covering the following tasks:
- Following up the realisation of the subsidy project
- Disbursement of subsidy packages
- Working out necessary reports for the authorities
- Managing necessary modifications of the incentive agreement
Assistance in resolving state subsidy problems
The CEIS team has more than ten years of experience in working out, operating and monitoring of Hungarian and European Union subsidy schemes. Based on the Hungarian and EU legal background, our long years of experiences and routine we provide professional assistance in managing state subsidy questions, problems and modifications by comprehensively examining the problem, we work out different solution scenarios and support to find the right decision at high level proficiency.
Consultancy for governmental authorities on working out and operating subsidy systems
Our team participates permanently at working out, commenting and monitoring of state subsidy systems, including preparatory market researches, gap analysis, stakeholder interviews or ex-post evaluations. Our experiences both in the governmental projects and in the market make us able to work out market friendly suggestions with real incentive effect in line with EU and local regulation.
Venture capital transactions
Consultancy on venture capital issues for funds and fund managers
The CEIS team has supported the establishment and management of a number of venture capital funds and two technology incubators and regularly performs due dilligence tasks. We offer the following services for funds and fund managers:
- working out and supporting venture capital tenders
- working out the investment policies of venture capital funds
- research on the actual venture capital map, examining cooperation possibilities
- working out operative and implementation plans
- market research, workflow plan, working out samples
- pre-screening, due dilligence and incubation of target projects
Consultancy on venture capital issues for target companies
Our professional team supports project ideas, startups and SMEs opening a new branch or entering into a new market to find investors for their expansion plans. As strategic partners of the Hungarian venture capital funds we are able to define what is needed for a successful sindication. Our services are the following:
- supporting the definition of a project that is ready for venture capital
- supporting or working out the business model
- working out the documentation for venture capital
- business planning
- identifying and contacting potential investors, coordinating the whole venture capital process till contracting
- financing startups through Virgo Ventures
CEIS offers professional support for private and public organisations in working out and implementing of strategies.
Our services in strategic consultancy:
- Strategic planning: analysis in the fields of potential clients, partners, markets, competitors and situations,
- Operative planning: working out implementation plans in line with the strategies (for example product development, improving efficiency, cost reduction etc.)
- Process planning and controlling: continuous process modelling in line with strategies and goals, working out Operational Regulations,
- Business planning and modelling in line with strategies and goals,
- Supporting implementation: project management, implementation structures, monitoring, working out communication and motivation tools.
In the framework of strategic consultancy CEIS has become a determining competence centre in the fields of development policy and state subsidies.
Our services in economic development policy:
- Development policy planning,
- Working out ex-ante studies and analysis in connection to operative programs,
- Generating, planning complex projects financed by European Union co-financing, preparing decisions and supporting project management,
- Management services in connection to project planning and implementation,
- Working out studies and analysis before launching financial instruments,
- Working out, preparing and launching new financing models for public organisations, for example local municipalities.
Entering a new market in another country means one of the greatest challenges in a life of a small and medium sized enterprise. The success of export promotion is usually hindered by geographical distances, different regulations and legal backgrounds and limited time and energy of the owners and managers of our clients. Our team is supporting companies entering the Slovak or Hungarian market based on the long years of experiences in international projects. We are offering representing, market research, business planning, pricing, matchmaking services for our clients.